10 ideas based on the Product Hunt business model…
This time I have prepared a bunch of ideas (more ideas — less data) based on the same or similar business model as Product Hunt. Next week you will receive one idea that is bouncing in my head for you but I have to make more research on it, so stay tuned….
Product Hunt business model
- For users -> Discover new tech products daily and vote for the best products, also users can become makers and hunt and publish new products they find.
- For product creators -> Publish your new product and attract early adopters.
- Gamification -> Published daily products are listed on the main list and compete to get votes to climb to the top of the list.
- Product Hunt earns money from premium features and promotions.
You can find more about the business model here…
Ideas based on Product Hunt business model
Before getting to ideas I want to point out the cons of the Product Hunt business model that almost fits every idea listed below.
- Published product data validation -> quality content needed.
- Be aware of scams -> so you have to have know-how in the industry.
- Gathering community with expertise around your new hunt portal.
So now we can proceed to ideas -> All ideas below are based on the same business model as Product Hunt.
1. Ecommerce hunt -> Let’s shoppers discover new online shops and creators attract new shoppers.
- 95% of all retail sales will be conducted through eCommerce in 2024.
- In the United States alone, ecommerce sales are expected to surpass $740 billion by 2023.
- There are an estimated 12 million — 24 million eCommerce sites across the entire globe, with more and more being created every single day.
I would separate e-commerce into two types of online shops with more than one product and creators of a single product. You can dive even deeper based on the exact ecommerce niche (appearance, books, gadgets, wine, and so on).
2.Local hunt -> Discover daily new places & events locally.
This idea is making the Product Hunt model based on location. Discover local service and new places daily — restaurants, shops, events ….
- Only restaurants (In 2018, there were opened 13,251 new restaurants in the US according to Statista)
- ~1.8 million meetings and events occur in the United States per year. (covid changed that of course :)
Pros — Start building it around your local area or city. You can start by hunting these places and events on your own from different other service providers.
3.Interior design hunt -> Discover daily interior designs.
Discover and vote for the best interior design daily, find the best interior designers around the world.
- Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Interior Design Services estimated at US$150. 7 Billion in the year 2020.
- There are approximately 71700 people employed as a Interior Designers.
Pros — Always trending market and still growing check on Google Trends.
4.Science hunt -> Discover daily science by upvoting researches.
Discover science daily finding the most interesting inventions and researches.
- No one knows how many scientific journals there are, but several estimates point to around 30,000, with close to two million articles published each year.
- There were 7.8 million full-time equivalent researchers in 2013, representing growth of 21% since 2007. Researchers accounted for 0.1% of the global population.
Pros — Big community of researches.
5.Game hunt -> Discover the best daily new games.
Discover the best new games launched daily based on upvotes.
- The global gaming market is set to reach $256.97 billion by 2025.
- More than 2.5 billion people worldwide play games.
Pros -> finding new games based on popularity is time-consuming.
6. Content hunt (podcasts, newsletters, youtube channels,…) -> Discover the daily launch of newsletters, blogs, Youtube channels, and so on.
Hunt for newly launched content based on your interests.
- There are more than 31 million YouTube channels out there. YouTube is technically the second largest search engine in the world.
- The Apple podcast stats report shows that there were 550,000 podcasts on the web in 2018. Today there are an estimated 750,000 podcasts in the world.
- To date, there are more than 500 million blogs out of 1.7 billion websites in the world. Their authors account for over 2 million blog posts daily.
Pros -> quality content is always in demand.
7. Music hunt -> Discover the best daily music.
Hunt for new music.
- The sky’s the limit: 800,000 songs each year since 80,000,000 songs were written in 100 years
- Spotify confirmed that it was adding circa 20,000 tracks a day
Pros -> a place for new creators to get exposure.
8. Investment opportunity hunt -> Find and vote for the best daily investment opportunities.
Discover new investment opportunities (IPOS, Real Estate, Funds, alternative investments…) daily.
- Retail traders make up nearly 25% of the stock market following COVID-driven volatility, Citadel Securities says
- We estimate in 2020 there were 13,665,475 accredited investor households in America. Roughly 10.6% of all American households were accredited in 2020.
Pros → Some of the financial products are prohibited to promote on Facebook and other ad networks.
Cons → lots of scams probability.
9. Art hunt -> Discover new art daily.
Find the best art daily published by creators.
- In 2019, the global art market was valued at approximately 64.12 billion U.S. dollars, down from previous year’s total of 67.38 billion U.S. dollars.
- There are approximately 30000 people employed as a Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators.
10. Health & Wellness hunt -> Discover health &welness products daily.
Discover products (medical, yoga, healthy eating, personal care & beauty, nutrition, and weight-loss, …) products
- In 2017, the Asia-Pacific Products market size was valued at USD 59.26 billion and is expected to reach USD 154.47 billion in 2025, with a predict CAGR of 12.72% between 2017 to 2025.
- The industry grew by 6.4 percent annually from 2015–2017, from a $3.7 trillion to a $4.2 trillion market, nearly twice as fast as global economic growth (3.6 percent annually, based on IMF data). The wellness industry represents 5.3 percent of global economic output.
Pros -> There are lots of prohibition for promoting health products on Facebook and other ad networks.
Cons -> Possibility of harmful products listed.
Can you make it with no-code?
You can try bubble.io, also there is a template from zeroqode. If you know other templates or options feel free to share in the comment section.
For this type of business model, you can think of any idea that fits your niche as long as you have lots of makers/creators and a big audience of early adopters.
Feel free to leave feedback & Subscribe to get freshly backed startup ideas weekly to your inbox!
Originally published at https://chimpideas.substack.com.